It’s finally time to be outside and enjoy what summer has to offer. Going to the beach, grilling in the backyard, and enjoying some much-needed time by the pool. It’s been figuratively laughing at you these past few months, and it’s time to get it up and running again. After you’ve taken action on the proper chemical adjustments and cleaning duties, your pool is glorious once again. You can now start to enjoy yourself with some peace and quiet. Well, until the kids or Uncle Steve decide to join you.
Before the kids jump in, have a quick conversation with them about pool safety. Not only the kids, but Uncle Steve might need a reminder after he’s had one too many Mojitos and decides it’s time for a cannonball in the shallow end.
We compiled a few pool safety tips on how you can help your little ones stay safe this summer, along with a few more that will help everyone around the pool.
Tips for kids and parents
- “No running by the pool,” I think we’ve all heard that one before
- Only allow swimming when an adult can supervise
- Make sure your kids are always in your sight
- Stay Hydrated
- Resist or advise against pushing or pulling anyone into the pool
- Establish a buddy system
- Advise kids to stay away from areas of the pool that cause suction, like drains and filters
- Remove unused toys from the pool
Tips for everyone
- Never use glass around the pool. – Steve and his Mojitos
- Take a swimming lesson if you’re not 100% confident in your abilities
- Know the depth of the pool
- Learn CPR
- Never go swimming during a storm, or if you know a storm is coming
- Don’t drink alcohol while you’re swimming
- Keep all electrical items at a safe distance from the pool
Tips for pool owners
- Make sure you have a fence or barrier at least 4 ft tall around your pool
- Install gate alarms, so you know when people are near your pool
- Make sure your drains are properly covered
- Keep your chemicals at the proper levels
- Make sure your pool cover is free of rips and tears
- Have a first aid kit near your pool
- Have your phone nearby in case you need emergency help
We hope you will take these recommendations and use them to everyone’s advantage. Enjoy your pool this summer and avoid any potential accidents while doing so.
What’s one tip you would have mentioned that we may have missed?
Interested in learning more? Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 773-945-9000.
Vero Insurance is a niche broker with a focus on providing insurance placement and risk management services to high-income families. Here at Vero, we love to provide you with exciting and fun articles to learn more about insurance and how it impacts your life. Visit our other blogs to find more information.
While Vero does offer a wide variety of personal insurance coverages, our main coverages include personal umbrella insurance, auto insurance, and homeowner’s insurance. To find the best coverages for you and your family, use the contact form below so you can be at ease knowing you’re covered. If you’re looking for commercial insurance, please visit Worthy Insurance.
The information provided by Vero Insurance on www.veroinsure.com is for general informational purposes only. All information on the Site is provided in good faith, however we make no representation or warranty of any kind, express or implied, regarding the accuracy, adequacy, validity, reliability, availability or completeness of any information on the Site.
Under no circumstance shall we have any liability to you for any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of the site or reliance on any information provided on the site. Your use of the site and your reliance on any information on the site is solely at your own risk.